Monday, October 20, 2008

Aunt Carolyn's visit and more...



Whew.  I am realizing how far behind I have gotten on the postings.  So much excitement lately.

First off, Patrick's Aunt Carolyn came to visit us a few weekends ago.  We always enjoy her company and the kids think of her as another special Grandma!  

She came bearing gifts too!  Amazing little Christmas outfits for both kids that she lovingly made herself!  They are beautiful!!  Such a touching gift.

Thanks Carolyn!

She gave me a starter course in smocking which was fun.  I can see how time consuming it would be...  but the results are so cute.



Then we took the kids to see Veggie Tales Live!! 


 These creatures have become some of Josiah's favorites.  We listen to the cd in the van and watch the different stories at home too.  He has memorized many of the songs and will be glad to sing them for anyone who asks!  I have to say that I love hearing him singing in the van, especially when he belts out "God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to Abby and me."  Talk about melting my heart!


So we thought he would enjoy seeing them in real life.  The show itself was visually a little over stimulating I think, and some of the music we didn't recognize.  But when they sang some of his favorites, I could see his eyes light up and a surprised smile creep across his face!

Abby wasn't too interested.  The music was very loud and the talking was too.  She fell asleep.  It had been a busy day already so she was pretty tired.



I probably enjoyed it most of all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear some updates! It does look like you were the happiest. :) I'm glad you guys got to see Veggie Tales. Sounds like lots of fun. The Christmas outfits are so cute! I'm amazed she smocked them herself!! See you guys soon!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, kuddos to Aunt Carolyn, those outfits are adorable. I only smock for the girls for Easter and Christmas and even then had to recruit my mom for help. It is incredibly time consuming, Abby's dress is awesome. I wish we were closer and could smock together, things are more fun to do together! Good luck, I'd love to hear how its going.
That's so cool you got to be with Christy for Jack's birth. How amazing and what a gorgeous little boy!
I am in awe of her as well. Much love to you guys!!

Christy Younger said...

They look too cute in their outfits, I love the pic where they are hugging! Love you guys- you were my hero for coming up and letting me squeeze the heck out of your hand in my hour of need :)
Love, love love!