Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good news



(silly pig tales!)

Yesterday was my first cervical ultrasound measurement, and it went great!  The doctor said everything looks perfect, the stitch is in good position and everything is closed!  That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

I even got a quick glimpse of the baby's head, ear and hand waving about.  So fun!  She told me I could get up and slowly increase my activity.  I go in for our Big (fetal survey) ultrasound on Friday when she will check the cervical length again to see how it performs under more pressure. 

 We are looking forward to this ultrasound.  It should tell us if this baby really is a boy or not!  She will also examine the baby more closely to check for problems... but hopefully all she will find is extreme cuteness!!

This last week has been tough.  I got pretty sick with a sinus infection that migrated to my chest and a sore throat that hurt like strep.  I don't remember the last time I felt that terrible.  I got a Rocephin shot and some Augmentin to take for the next 2 weeks.  This has bumped up my nausea quite a bit but I'm trying to just plunge through it to get rid of this crud.  yuck.

Mom has continued to be our life saver.  She has also become an expert at organizing our pantry, diaper changing, temperature taking, laundry folding and therapy follow through!  Even though Abby is (literally) almost as long as mom is, she is still able to get her in and out of our van.  It's no small feat when you've got the feeding tube attached and orthotics on, believe me.  As much as we appreciate her help, we've enjoyed her company just as much.


(Abby during speech therapy)

Hopefully we will have some better pictures of the new addition Friday after our appointment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that you can get off that couch! I hate to hear you are sick, but hopefully you'll be better soon. I also know that your mom being there is truly a blessing. She is such a sweet person! Well, your entire family is amazing. :)

Josiah is just precious in those pony tails! It is too funny because we just did the same thing to Vanya today right before I saw your blog. I showed the picture to Amelie and she thought it was funny. Take care and we'll keep in touch.

Julie

coriejones said...

I am so glad the cervix is good! I cant wait to find out what the baby is! I hope you feel better soon.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Glad to hear things are getting better, I kept checking to see how things were. It will be so nice to get moving again, bedrest with children would be agonizing. That is great that your Mom can help with everything, including Abby's appointments.
Looking forward to hearing if it is a girl or a boy.

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear the great news! I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers. Love you.